Tucker #12 on display today at the La Porte County Historical Museum
“The Car of Tomorrow Here Today!”
Farber awarded the franchise for the 1948 Tucker. The Tucker was like no other auto previously produced. It featured many safety innovations, including the first pop out windshield, padded dash, passenger crash chamber, and a center headlight which turned with the steering wheel. Powered by a helicopter engine mounted in the rear and capable of sustained speeds of 120 mph.
Don Farber holds a copy of a Tucker promotional brochure and a photo of his father, N.C. Farber
Farber Motors at 879 North High Street in Columbus, Ohio
Serial numbers from the first 50 Tuckers distributed to dealerships. Farber took delivery of #12 in July of 1948.
More Farber history here