Nicholas C. Farber owner of Farber Motor Sales purchased a Tucker Distributorship for the Columbus and Toledo markets in 1947. A dealer franchise was purchased for locations at 879 N. High Street and 535 E. Broad Street in Columbus, Ohio.
Over the next year forty-one Dealer Franchise Agreement were signed by Farber Motor Sales Distributor and approved by the Tucker Executive Committee. The dealer committed quota total was 8,620 cars over the first two years.
Tucker Corporation launched a weekly radio program in April 1948. The program appeared on 85 stations belonging to American Broadcasting Company Network. Farber Motor Sales contracted with WBNS radio to promote the revolutionary new Tucker automobile. Tuckers advertising agency prepared a 16 inch phonograph record to be used when cars were on display.
A maroon colored Tucker, serial number 1012 was purchased and received at Farber Motor Sales, 879 N. High Street Columbus, Ohio in July 1948. The dealership had extended hours to midnight to promote the new car. On several occasions Tucker 1012 was rented to other dealers and distributors for display for $200 per day.
The Farber distributorships had orders and deposits for an estimated 900 cars. Unfortunately Tucker 1012 was one of an estimated 51 cars ever produced (including the famed “Tin Goose” that served as the original prototype).